Cruise Control wiring info

Got a gremlin? How about installing that new toy?

Re: Cruise Control wiring info

Unread postby Daleo » January 28th, 2015, 8:20 am

I've linked all my old images in the other thread; if Leon feels like sticking them back in.
On my C34 it's easy...

"I think the stagea a very good car, but it is as if he were a lion disguised as a kitten"
Daleo
Standard User

Car: NM35 Stagea 250t RS

Unread postby commsman » July 24th, 2015, 9:20 pm

Daleo wrote:I've linked all my old images in the other thread; if Leon feels like sticking them back in.

Thanks Dale, I copied the power one across but couldn't find an old copy of your "earth under the M5 bolt' pic.

It should be self explanatory when people see it in the kit & read my instructions, but would've been better to see a picture I suppose.

Not that there's many people still to install them. Posted the last one today & hope to not think about these for a while =;
Love DIY.
commsman
Administrator

Car: M35 (project car), Audi TT-RS (stage 2), Q5 3.0Tdi

Unread postby sillbeer » July 26th, 2015, 2:21 pm

Which reminds me, I had better get ours installed...which we bought 18mths ago!
http://www.sillbeer.com/
S13 Silvia Widebody Build Blog
sillbeer
Standard User

Car: S13 Silvia, M35 250T RS FOUR V, Micra Super S

Unread postby Daleo » July 27th, 2015, 12:40 am

commsman wrote:
Daleo wrote:I've linked all my old images in the other thread; if Leon feels like sticking them back in.

Thanks Dale, I copied the power one across but couldn't find an old copy of your "earth under the M5 bolt' pic.

It should be self explanatory when people see it in the kit & read my instructions, but would've been better to see a picture I suppose.

Not that there's many people still to install them. Posted the last one today & hope to not think about these for a while =;

024.JPG
025.JPG
On my C34 it's easy...

"I think the stagea a very good car, but it is as if he were a lion disguised as a kitten"
Daleo
Standard User

Car: NM35 Stagea 250t RS

Unread postby Haggis » August 23rd, 2015, 6:20 pm

commsman wrote:Posted the last one today & hope to not think about these for a while =;

You spoke too soon mate...

I flew to Melbourne yesterday to pick up my 06 Autech Axis (3.5 RWD Auto), got it on the Spirit of Tasmania last night and finally got it home this morning... I planned to spend the day giving it a good detail but since that went so smoothly (I can see why it was rated 4.5 at the auctions) I decided to tackle some of the Cruise Control install...

I started in a different order to the instructions. I pulled the wheel off and fitted the sexy new buttons first, found an unused 4-pin connector under the drivers dash which had battery voltage when ignition on (not acc) and hooked up the CC power and button illumination to that. Fitted the brown twisted pair to the brake switch (which were a different colour to the instructions but easy to test and solder) then I slipped the blue wire behind the dash to pick up the VSS from the passenger footwell... This is where things took a turn for the worse... I removed the underdash panel from the passenger side, the 'hockey stick' trim and then the kick panel which revealed a gigantic empty space, it seems I don't have a TCM!? There is some sort of ECU mounted up high beside the blower motor (?) behind the glovebox but I assumed that is the ECM? I don't know if I am just so tired from my lack of sleep on the ship last night (maybe I am getting to old for the cruise seats) but I cant find a TCM on the passenger side at all?

I removed the shifter surround and ashtray hoping to get a look at where you guys with manual gearboxes pick it up from but couldn't find anything there either?? Mind you I couldn't get my stupid factory head unit out because I couldn't get my stupid aftermarket TV screen off either.

Any ideas lads?

I didn't take any photos today but I can do next time I tackle it.

Hope this all makes sense, believe me when I say I am exhausted!..
Haggis
Standard User

Car: PM35 Autech Axis

Unread postby commsman » August 30th, 2015, 7:26 pm

Hi Corey

You aren't going crazy. Your car has the TCU in the gearbox.

What you need to do is tap into the white/green wire under the dash, as per the attached pic.

This pic & words below courtesy of YEE-HAA (Frank) from SA.

The brown plug which is plugged into a white connector, behind the lower dash panel, left of the steering column, just next to the black a/c tube.
The black tube gets connected to the lower dash panel which intakes air for the air con.

This picture was taken while leaning into the car, and under the dash, with the heater in the background and also the a/c tube also in the left background.

PMN35 VSS White-green.jpg

Cheers, Leon.
Love DIY.
commsman
Administrator

Unread postby Haggis » August 31st, 2015, 3:21 pm

Haha! That was confusing! Found the White/Green wire mentioned and got it soldered up. Took it for a spin and I can't get it to work though... When I press the cruise on/off button I get two quick beeps from the unit then the LED shows red. The use of any steering wheel controls also brings up a red light. The only way I can get the status LED to go green is by pressing the brake pedal but then as soon as I press any button on the wheel it goes red again... I tried reading the instructions that came with the unit (not yours Leon) but it seems a bit engrish..

Does any 'calibrating' need to be done before using?
Haggis
Standard User

Unread postby Haggis » August 31st, 2015, 4:48 pm

Ok, Figured out how to get into the calibrating mode (haven't pressed the reset button or anything Leon). I done the accelerator calibrating fine but haven't tackled the rest (drive at 72kp/h etc etc) Did everyone else have to go through all this?

I have a trip down the highway to do tonight so ill try doing the rest while I'm out...
Haggis
Standard User

Unread postby commsman » September 1st, 2015, 3:24 pm

Ah, not one of mine. That makes a bit of sense now. My new bunch were pre-programmed to avoid the config confusion.

Yes, you will need to do the calibrating thing - accelerator pedal learn & then the VSS learn (go for a drive).
Love DIY.
commsman
Administrator

Unread postby Haggis » September 19th, 2015, 7:05 pm

Sorry for the late reply but I have it all working now.. It was a simple calibration thing. Thanks everyone, especially Leon for making these up!
Haggis
Standard User

Unread postby bizl » March 19th, 2016, 5:22 pm

Are there any of these kits left? Im getting a pm35 very soon and want a CC system.
bizl
Standard User

Car: m35 stagea

Unread postby commsman » March 19th, 2016, 10:02 pm

No kits as such but I can put you in touch with a guy who sells/installs the CC's & the steering wheel buttons are available from Nissan (part number should be in a thread on here).

I may still have enough bits to make up a harness to connect the 2 together easily. PM if you need anything/help.

Cheers, Leon.
Love DIY.
commsman
Administrator

Previous

Return to Electrical System Alterations